Thursday, May 5, 2011

Charlie Sheen-co de Mayo

Well this post doesn't have a whole lot to do with beer, but there is beer involved! Tonight, Thursday May 5th, 2011 at the Diamond in Lake Elsinore, CA, home of the Lake Elsinore Storm, single-A affiliate of the San Diego Padres, will be hosting a rather unique and controversial promotion.

Well, controversial for some, maybe, but I personally think it is nothing more than good old fashioned light-hearted American humor pointed at Mr. Sheen and to celebrate his delinquency and possible rehab. Of course, if you have attended minor league baseball games in the past, especially at the single and double-A levels, you know and have experienced some of the wacky promotional events they can come up with. Tonight is no exception! Sheen-co de Mayo will happen tonight at 7:05 pm sharp! I plan on being there myself and hopefully I will bring back some good video and photos to post on here. I can only say that I think pictures will definitely be like a thousand words to describe this one. Here is a short list of events that will happen on this night down at the ballpark:

Charlie Sheen bobblehead doll given away to the first 1000 people through the gate (see photo below).


A pair of wild thing eyeglasses to the first 500 people in honor of wild thing Ricky Vaughn from the movie Major League.

The #99 jersey will be retired.

2 for 1 Ho-Ho's special, with a possible appearance by the Goddesses, so I hear.

Tiger-blood cocktails will be served.

A pink taco eating contest.

And to cap it off, it is Thirsty Thursday! $1 draft beers, other drinks and sodas.

As for the beer part of this event, well, it's Thirsty Thursday! However, this is a staple promotion for every Thursday home game and I will most certainly be having a few beers from local favorite Black Market Brewing! Now I understand how some people might take this as nothing less than offensive, but with the exception of the name, I don't think this is in any way directed at, or making fun of a certain neighboring country on our southern border. Regardless, I look forward to a fun filled evening of California League baseball, and who knows, maybe Charlie will decide to drop in!

I'll check back in when it is all said and done. Cheers!

No comments:

Post a Comment